Thursday, November 5, 2009

Show Us Your Life Holiday Recipes or Thanksgiving Traditions

Kelly at Kelly's Korner Blog is hosting her Show Us Your Life Friday. This week it is Holiday Recipes or Thanksgiving Traditions. I don't have pictures to post from previous dinners but I do have some ideas in my head of what I want to do this year. Thanksgiving dinner will be at my house so I have lots of planning and cooking ahead of me. I'd like to decorate my table with small pumpkins, gourds and fruit like these......

I'm thinking of roasting the turkey this year...............


This one is looking really good too................


My mom has made a special request for a cranberry jello fruit salad.......


and a special request for green bean bacon wraps........


There must be mashed potatoes and homemade gravy at Thanksgiving dinner.....


but I'm pretty fond of mashed sweet potatoes, so there will have to be both kinds on our table...


I think this year I will make a cheesy corn bake, that will be something different.....



And I want to make homemade wheat bread that is full of natural ingredients and none of the preservatives of store bought......



There always has to be lots of dessert choices at Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm thinking of strawberry pretzel salad or pie.....


several pumpkin pies with homemade whipped topping because that is the favorite..........


and since I love chocolate...........there will be homemade chocolate cream pie with whipped cream....


and a chocolate pecan pie with whipped cream.....


Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me and lots of homemade whipped cream to make !!! I'm counting down the days until I start in all the cooking and baking!!!


Click here to get back to Kelly's blog and Linky Link to view more ideas.

3 comments:

  1. You just made me really hungry!!!! Thanks for participating in Show Us Your Life~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Those pies look delish!
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learn more about the aerodynamics of aviation by visiting:
    flying-aviation.blogspot.com

    Interested in fishing? Visit:
    the-sport-on-the-water.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...