Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bathroom Apothecary Jar

I finally accomplished one of my goals for my hall bathroom.......Find something to put in the empty apothecary jar. While "surfing" Ebay two weeks ago looking for unique soaps, I found a woman who had 90 bars of soaps that she had collected from her world travels. It was perfect, just what I was looking for and I was determined that I would win the auction. I had two other competitors but I persevered and won the prize, $38.00 later, but I WON! (That includes shipping!)
Riley has a fascination with soap. I've always had to keep the Dove soap boxes away from him. He loves the smell of fresh soap and if he does get a hold of an empty box, he will rip it to shreds! So of course I had to tease him with my large collection of new soaps. I opened the box and spilled a few of them out onto the floor and he went crazy....He stuck his head into the box to see how many treasures there were!
This is the one he snatched and ran off with.....
I got that one away from him and he came back to find a new one.......
I wanted to put all the green leaf shaped soaps in the bottom of the jar. When I opened the packages to get the soaps out, the smells caught his attention and he was all over my jar.....

It was right here that he stuck his head down into the jar and tip it over..........
I had to work fast to keep him at arms length and get my jar filled. All the extras went into a basket that I'll keep in the closet. I let Riley get close to the soaps again and he could not decide which he wanted more, the basket or the jar. He had one paw on the basket to tip it over and was putting his head into the jar to do the same. Silly, silly dog...........
I liked the way it turned out. It suits me. It makes me happy. It's my simple pleasure of the day...........

1 comment: