Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flat Bread Pizza

I found a recipe for flat bread pizza on someone else's blog a couple of weeks ago. I should have bookmarked it so I could have created a link to it but I did not think about it at the time. I tried going backwards through my favorite blogs that I follow but I could not locate it, so I apologize for not giving credit where due. Katie and I have made flat bread pizza probably about 5 or 6 times since we figured out how to do it.
Buy your favorite "flavor" of Flat Out wraps. There is a healthier version than the original "flavor" but after sampling it, we returned to this one. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Bake flat bread for 2 minutes. Take out of oven and turn it over.

We like all veggies on our pizzas. Mainly because it is the healthiest choice. We use red peppers, pablano peppers, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and jalapeno peppers. Stir fry them in olive oil until they have started to caramelize.


Spread pizza sauce on flat bread and add your toppings.

We like A LOT of veggies on our pizza as you can see !

Top with your choice of cheese. We use Kraft 2% at our house, to save a little on the fat.

Bake for 6 minutes at 400 degrees.


Slice it with the pizza cutter and enjoy ! Grandma S, if you are reading this, we'll have to find a flat bread that has a few less carbs, because this particular one has 26. Or you could eat half a pizza but have twice as many veggies piled up on it ! ! !

1 comment:

  1. I love that Flatbread product! Oh and they sure do have much lower carb versions, because I have used them. Look for the healthy grain ones with higher fiber in them. Your pizza looks yummy - believe it or not, I love a pizza that is loaded with veggies!! That's actually my fav - not Hubs fav - but mine for sure!

    ReplyDelete