Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Twix Cupcakes

Here is the recipe for the Twix cupcakes we made for Aaron's birthday yesterday.  You will need the following:
  • One chocolate cake mix with the eggs, oil and water as listed
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • Twix candy bars
  • Werther's Original Chewy Caramels
  • Keebler shortbread cookies
  • Pillsbury butter cream frosting
Follow the directions on the cake mix box adding in the two special ingredients of the instant pudding mix (dry) and sour cream.

Place one Keebler shortbread cookie into each cupcake tin.  Pour batter on top of cookies....
Push one Werther's caramel into each cupcake.....
The tricky part is determining how long to set the oven timer for.  Do not follow the baking time recommendation on the cake mix box.  Since the shortbread cooking is taking up some of the space as well as the caramel, baking time is greatly reduced.  I think we did 12-15 minutes.
Let the cupcakes cool down and frost them with the Pillsbury butter cream frosting.  Slice up the Twix candy bars and arrange a few pieces on top of each cupcake.....
Totally optional: 

Display those wonderful, rich, gooey centered cupcakes in these perfect little cupcake stands.  Available at Stephanie's store, ROOM 5 Home Decor Boutique in Ozark MO.

I'm linking up to My Romantic Home, Show and Tell Friday, Just a Girl Show and Share Day and At Home With Haley's sharing recipes.....









31 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Twix is my FAVORITE candy bar. This is not going to be good for my waistline. =) Thanks for linking up to Recipes I Can't Wait to Try! Hopefully we'll see you next Wednesday!

    Blessings,
    Haley
    athomewithhaley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u post a pic with them cut in half???

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to make these for my son's 14th birthday. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your recipe and re-posted on my blog. If you have any issues, please let me know! I linked your blog but would be willing to add any information you'd like. <3

    Lauren
    www.craftsbyreadysetlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do yoju set the oven on the heat it says for the cake mix?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you had any reviews on these yet!? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you do set the oven to the temperature on the cake box instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these tonight and they turned out delicious. :) I even put some Twix in my food processor to crush them and sprinkled them on top with half a Twix mini on it. They looked and tasted amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound great! Found you from KK.

    Blessings!
    Amber recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing, I'm planning on making them this week! Which cake mix did you end up using? I bought Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge, but it says pudding is in the mix so I wasn't sure if it would be too pudding-y if I add the pudding too! Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clarification post! I really like and appreciate your efforts, thank you for sharing useful knowledge about blog strategy I heard I like
    Cock Fight

    ReplyDelete