Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Crockpot Chicken and Noodles

Crock pot chicken and noodles on a rainy day.  The delicious aroma of chicken broth and veggies filled the kitchen for 4 hours today!  Here's how to make your own:
1 rotisserie chicken, remove the skin and the bones and most of the fat
6 cups chicken broth
Egg noodles
Shoe peg corn
Cream of chicken soup
Green onion and white onion
Shredded carrots
Dried parsley
Seasoned pepper
Celery flakes
Celery seeds (I'm not a fan of cooked celery.  If you are, then use fresh celery in place of the celery flakes and seeds.)
Add 6 cups of chicken broth to the crock pot and whisk in the cream of chicken soup.....
Next add the chopped onions, shredded carrots and corn....
Then sprinkle in how ever much of the seasonings you desire........
Turn the crock pot to low and leave it alone for 4 hours.  A savory aroma will fill the house.  After the 4 hours has passed, add the chopped chicken and egg noodles.
Stir it together well, put the lid back on and let it cook on low for another 45 minutes....
Take the lid off, wait for the steam to escape and dig into this.......
I think I'll make some type of bread to go with the second bowl!

Scroll down to see who I have linked to this week.

17 comments:

  1. Crockpot Chicken and Noodles Recipe is yummy and colorful recipe. I like this recipe taste and very easy to make at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect comfort food - and with cooler weather coming this would be such a welcome dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your recipe!!! found you on lil luna blog hop hope you stop by!
    ~ sarah
    sarahseay92.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds yummy, and I love crock pot recipes, so I'm going to pin this for soup weather this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! My Mom used to make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM... it even looks Lovely BEFORE its finished! And I can only Imagine how Divine it smells! The Man just bought us a new Crock Pot so I can't wait to try this recipe out, Thank You for Sharing it!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete