Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spinach Pinwheels

Today I made Spinach Pinwheels. They are so good and very easy to make. Scroll down for the recipe. You start off with sour cream, mayonnaise and cream cheese. I used low fat versions of all three.


After I mixed those three ingredients with the mixer, I added in the package of dry ranch dressing, green onions and bacon bits. I always buy the prepackaged real bacon bits instead of making them from scratch. Anything to avoid the bacon grease mess.


Then I added in the chopped spinach. I buy it frozen in a box and put in the refrigerator the night before to thaw out. Then it goes in a strainer and I rinse it with warm water. Next, I spread it out on a clean dish towel and the roll up the dish towel and wring it over the sink. It's then ready to unwrap from the dish towel and add to the recipe.

I then spread the dip on the tortillas. The recipe called for 8 tortillas, but I ran out of dip after making 5. Guess I spread the mixture out too thick!


The tortillas then get wrapped in saran wrap......................

And put in the refrigerator to "set" for 3 to 4 hours.

Then they are ready to be sliced and arranged on a platter. The best part of slicing them up is you don't want to put the end pieces on your platter because they are not completely full of the dip..........So, Katie and I had to eat them. Five wraps x two ends equals ten pinwheels that we had to eat immediately ! ! And oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment