Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ringling Bros & Barnum & Bailey Circus

Last Sunday I went with Katie to take two of her little friends to the circus. I love the circus and don't think I'll ever out grow it. Circuses have been around since at least the 1880's. I find them fascinating and like to read about the history of them. HBO's series Carnivale was one of my favorites. So when Katie asked me if I wanted to help her take her little friends to the circus, I was all about it! We went and picked the kids up and talked about the circus and how much longer it would take to get there for most of the 30 minute trip.

We knew we were almost there when we saw the towers of Bartle Hall. As soon as we drove under them, we saw the Sprint Center and pointed it out to the kids.


As soon as you walk into the building you are bombarded with merchandise. Needless to say, it was very pricey!

The kids could each choose one thing. One wanted cotton candy.......

and the other wanted a snow cone!

They had so much fun and enjoyed it immensely. For most of the time they were on the edge of their seats taking it all in!

Tigers...............

The Ring Master.....

Elephants......

At the end of the circus they brought all the acts back into the arena and the confetti dropped down....

It was a fun time for all...

Lots of being silly....

And acting like clowns...............


No comments:

Post a Comment