Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

First Free Motion Quilt Project Complete

I spent the entire day finishing up my first free motion quilt project. The technique is called stippling. I'm pretty happy with the results. There is definitely room for lots of improvement...guess that will mean I'll have to just keep on making quilts!!! I used an old twin sized quilted mattress pad for backing. So it already had some stitching pattern on the back of it when I started. I put a strip of red print fabric on the back to give it a little character!
I did not have quite enough scraps to make the binding so I added some plain yellow fabric in to get the length I needed....
For now it will lay across the end of the guest bed so I can look at it for a while.
And this is the expression I got most of the day from the bichon.......
He was not happy with me that I ignored him and he did not get his daily allotment of belly scratches. Fabric used for this quilt came from MODA - Sweet by Urban Chiks collection. I used a jelly roll, 2 charm packs and a couple of 1 yard cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment