Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Downtown Springfield MO Shopping & Letters To Juliet

Last Saturday, Stephanie and I ventured into downtown Springfield to do some window shopping and exploring.  The intention was to find the farmer's market, which we did, but found very disappointing.  There were maybe 10 small tables with very few choices so we did a quick walk through of it, found some local honey for Aaron's allergies and then took off in another direction!  We jumped in the car and drove to the other end of the shopping district where we found a small Mexican restaurant to have a quick lunch.  We chose Maria's Mexican Restaurant and ordered a couple of tacos and a tostada.
Our next stop was across the street at a clothing boutique called Staxx..........
While Stephanie was picking out a blue tee shirt....... I was snapping pictures of the antlers that were used in the store to hold necklaces and bracelets......
After this store we walked around for a bit and another small store caught our eye called Good Girl Art Gallery & Store.
This store was full of uniqueness and I loved it.  I was snapping pictures as fast as I could!  The two back rooms were galleries with brightly colored walls......

The baby boutique room was my favorite.  I loved her mixture of old with the new and the colors she chose to decorate with.  The front room was also full of interesting "art"......
We did not hang out in the shopping district for long...we were watching the clock, waiting for our movie time to approach.  We were going to see Letters To Juliet.

I would have to call this one of my favorite chick flick movies.  If the amount of crying I did during this movie determines how much I love a movie, then this was definitely my favorite of all time!  I walked out of the theatre and to the car still crying (how embarrassing) but can't wait to see it again!  And one of the best things about going to the movie with just Stephanie is that she loves heavily buttered popcorn as much as I do and we totally pig out on it along with our extra large sodas!

No comments:

Post a Comment