Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Necklace Onesie

This morning I completed my first necklace onesie.  I think it turned out really good but it was more work than I expected it to be.  I used a bottle cap to cut out 11 fabric circles with wonder-under on the back of them....
I then ironed all the circles onto the onesie in the shape of a necklace and sewed a continuous stitch through the center of each circle to "connect the beads".  Next I outline stitched each circle.  This was the most tedious part and a little aggravating have to work the small onesie around the arm of the sewing machine and sew around each circle!!!
The next one I make, I might make the "beads" larger so there won't be so many of them!
Then I ran both ends of the ribbon through a candle flame to heat set the ends to prevent fraying.......
and then triple stitched the center of the ribbon onto the onesie.....
and lastly tied it into a pretty bow.........
Super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment