Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

New Projects & Adding To My Fabric Stash

I'm going to be super busy the next few weeks.  I've got three projects to work on.  The first is for Katie.  She needs a baby gift for one of her nursing school friends.  Cassie is having a boy next month and I've got to get some baby stuff made up for Katie to take to the baby shower.  We chose Michael Miller's Zoology in the Lagoon line of colors.  This is going to make some adorable baby boy gifts!

My next project is a "man" quilt for my father-in-law.  Since his stroke, he has been having to take things a lot slower, which means more time in the recliner.  With cool weather on the way, he needs his own quilt, especially since Grandma got one last month!  I searched and searched for some fabrics that screamed masculine.  I found just what I was wanting on EBay.  One of my favorite sellers, lauralaura54 had some fabrics listed that were just what I wanted.  She carries a lot of the Free Spirit fabrics and always has such great prices and provides excellent service!  I bought a half yard bundle of the Jenean Morrison, Moondance line........


And my third project is for another family member, Kim.  She asked me to make a baby quilt for her friend who loves vibrant oranges and blues with a hint of purple.  This took some research and lots of searching online which is my favorite past time, but I finally found something that I thought would make a beautiful quilt.  It is the Pretty Bird line by Pillow & Maxfield.  Etsy is one of my favorite places to shop for fabric and seller, Stitchesngiggles4U, had all the fabrics I wanted in the Pretty Bird line.   This was my first time to make a purchase from her and she was a pleasure to work with.   I had lots of questions and made crazy request for her to group fabrics together for me so I could see how they look combined.  She provided excellent customer service and great communication.  We talked back and forth for a few hours one day.  I could tell that was a dependable seller, so I went ahead and made my big purchase and she was able to get my order cut and in the mail that same day while packing up her family for a weekend camping trip.  I placed my order on Friday and received my package today on Monday.  What great service!  She even vacuumed sealed my fabrics to get them all to fit into a flat rate envelope......
I love these fabrics, I love the vibrant colors and the all the different patterns.......
So as you can see, I've got lots of new fabrics to add to my stash and lots of work ahead of me.  Check back later to see how things are coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment