Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fleece Blanket and 24 Month Old Gerber Onesies For Luke

This weekend I completed a gift to go out in tomorrow's mail to baby Luke.  My nephew Luke will be having a big surgery next month and I wanted him to have a new soft blanket to bring him a little comfort.  As I was sewing this blanket and appliqueing the onesies my thoughts kept going to Grandma S.  Remembering how she was the one who patiently taught me to make my first blankets and quilts.  If she were still with us and able she would be making her grand baby blankets as well. 
A couple of years ago I purchased some fleece sheets out of the LTD Commodities catalog. They have been stored in a closet waiting for the right opportunity to create something with them. The twin sheet set had a polka dot fitted sheet and a flat sheet with the stripe pattern. I cut each sheet in half to make this blanket for Luke.  It will be plenty big enough to last him for many years to come.
I used a large pattern stippling technique on this blanket and binded it with the stripe pattern.
I bought a four pack of 24 month Gerber onesies at Kohl's when they went 40% off.  I found my applique patterns online by typing "easy animal coloring pages to print" into Goggle images.  I then used a copy machine to either reduce or enlarge the image to make it fit on the onesie.   I used a green flannel for the dinosaur..... 
a green and blue polka dot for the turtle.....
and a blue plaid for the neck tie onesie......
I had a large scale fun print of animals driving cars that I used for this onesie.....
Baby Luke's is starting to get a large collection of long sleeve onesies.  Good thing Spring is the next season so I will be forced to find something else to create for our "Lukester"!







Linking to:
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts , My Romantic Home, Show and Tell Friday
Just A Girl's Show and Share Day
and






Creations by Kara

giveaways

1 comment:

  1. oo i can't wait to get them! He loves soft things so he'll love the blanket i'm sure! dad said his surgery is march 2.

    ReplyDelete