Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Letter Katie Wrote To Her Grandma

While in high school, Katie wrote this beautiful letter to her Grandma S:
Grandma,
I love you most for your grace, beauty, and tender loving nature.  You have always been one of the most beautiful of God's creations to me.  I don't think I've ever told you, but thank  you for the many seeds that you have planted in me.  The seed of faith, faith in God.  Whenever I look at you, I can see your love for our Lord shining bright in your eyes.  You always told me that if I had the faith of a mustard seed I could move mountains.  You were right.  Forgiveness, that one has been hard for me, but I've finally learned the art of it.  You always told me it was easier to forgive someone than to carry the burden on my shoulders, you were so right.  Believing, you have taught me to believe in myself as well as others.  You always helped me to believe that I didn't make mistakes, just bad choices.  As long as I learned from them it was considered a lesson of life.  You were right.  Hope, hope for brighter days ahead no matter how tough things seemed to be.  You have always reassure me that my hopes and dreams are not out of reach as long as I keep reaching for them.  Love, not just any kind of love, but unconditional love for others and myself.  Sometimes I used to think that you're the only person in the whole world that has loved me every day of my whole life.  I was wrong though, my mother has turned into almost an exact mirror of you.  I know she's not your REAL daughter, but thank you for her anyway.  Like you, she loves me for who I am, unconditionally.  You have stood behind all of your grandchildren no matter what path they chose.  You were always there to catch any of us if we stumbled along the way.  You are my inspiration, I love you.
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment