Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Bichon's 12th Birthday

Today is Riley's birthday.  Born March 23, 1999.  Today he is 12.......
Occasionally he gets a little feisty and will toss a toy or a bone across the room but most of the time he is sleeping.........
This eye is covered with a cataract and the other eye will be covered soon. He runs into things if he is not in familiar territory.  He loses me in the house and you can see a look of panic on his sweet little face until he spots me!  This little black nose never has been aware of what other dog noses catch a whiff of....
His old age is catching up with him, sometimes he gets some really achy joints and whimpers in pain so yesterday at his doggie check-up he got prescribed a osteoarthritis medication.  He now waits patiently by the couch for me to pick him up.  When he wants down, he will stand up and stare at me to tell me "hey, put me on the floor please!"
I tell him everyday that he is the sweetest of all the bichons!  Happy 12th birthday Riley boy!

1 comment: