Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Stephanie's Favorite Cake For Birthday No. 27

Daughter-in-law Stephanie turns 27 today.  She's a strong, independent business woman who works hard at achieving her goals and she's the soul mate to my son Aaron.  A few weeks ago I was instant messaging with her asking what her favorite cake is.  Knowing she would be in town and at my house the day before her birthday I wanted to make some surprises for her.  I made her a PEEPS Sunflower cake (see post below this one) and I made her favorite .........A confection called a Red Velvet Cake.  This was my first red velvet cake to make so it took lots of research on my part.  I wanted to make it from scratch so I searched the Internet and found a recipe for what was suppose to be a very moist version.  My research told me that Cakeman Raven had the best recipe.  I got my recipe off the Food Network website.
The dry ingredients had to be mixed separate from the wet ingredients........

This is an interesting combination of colors and textures...........buttermilk, oil, eggs and red food coloring........
Very colorful cake batter.....
The dry had to slowly be incorporated into the wet...........
I sprayed the bundt cake pan with PAM before pouring in the batter..........
A delicious homemade cream cheese frosting topped this red velvet cake.  Below are Stephanie's two birthday cakes to celebrate her 27th !!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you stopped by to have tea with me. Of course I had to follow you right back to see you precious little Bichon. I just love the photo's of your little buddies. Thank you for sharing and I am your newest follower. Come back to see me soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete