Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

City Market Kansas City with Aaron and Stephanie

We made a trip to downtown Kansas City yesterday to visit the City Market.  I love the market with all the activity and the vendors and so many different items to choose from.  This was our first time on a Sunday and we will make sure we always go on Saturday's from now on.  Some of the vendors don't return on Sunday's and the atmosphere is definitely more vibrant on Saturday.....
Before making the trip downtown, we stopped at an Ice Shack to fill up the cooler.  Put in two dollars, open the chute and your cooler fills up with ice!
As soon as we enter the market area we always go to the right and browse through the plant shop/florist and other small vendors who have indoor shops.....
Stephanie and I both loved these water pitchers and thought they would be fun to sit outside for decoration as well as for watering the flowers......
Aaron tried on some Holland wooden shoes and we quickly decided we were very happy to not have to wear those all the time....
The aroma's from the bakeries and outdoor grills was enticing.....

Stopping to read the descriptions for all the spices is a must do when going to the city market.....

There were lots of fruits to choose from.........
as well as many vegetables.............
We got there right before the humidity set in for the day so by the time we walked the entire market we were ready to get back in our air conditioned car......

2 comments:

  1. I just recently added your blog to my reader and I didn't realize how close you were when I added you. I blog from St. Joe and am glad to see a local blogger. I have only found a few of us. Stop by sometime at Tolen Family Fun. My husband read your post over my shoulder and has now decided that we should make a trip on Saturday too!

    ReplyDelete