Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stone Hill Winery Branson Missouri

Sunday I went with Aaron and Stephanie to Branson to check out Stone Hill Winery.  It was our first visit to any winery.  We naively thought that all wineries had vineyards so we were somewhat disappointed when our mapquest directions sent us into the highly trafficked, tourist ridden areas in Branson.  The cars was bumper to bumper on July 3rd but we were comfortable in our air conditioned car so we slowly crawled along looking at all the tourist sites on both sides of the road.......
King Kong was the funniest thing we saw........
Stone Hill Winery was a busy place the day we visited.  We browsed the store waiting for our tour to begin.....

Our tour guide gave a short introduction then we watched a video about the three locations of Stone Hill Winery in the state of Missouri.  Someday we will make it to the historic German town of Hermann to visit the original winery.  After the video the tour led us into the bottling room to see how the Spumante wines were processed.....
This guy was quite comical in typical Branson fashion.....
Our final stop was in the tasting room where we tasted maybe ten wines.  Aaron and Stephanie got carded, I sadly, did not.......
We tasted white, dry wines......not my favorite.  Then we tasted full bodied Nortons....not my favorite either.  Next we tasted a red wine that captured international recognition.......okay, but still not my favorite.  Then we moved on to sweet and fruity wines.....still just okay, but not my favorite.  Spumonte's.........nah, I could do without those too......
Lastly we tasted the juices.  Finally.........we found my favorite!  Guess I'll never be a wine connoisseur!  Just a drinker of full flavored grape juice.  Stephanie did find a rose wine that she really enjoyed.  Aaron was open to tasting them all and drinking the samples Stephanie and I could not get down!  I think he liked my grape juice the best too !

No comments:

Post a Comment