Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Katie's Grandma Memory Quilt

I completed Katie's grandma memory quilt a couple of weeks ago and she got it last weekend.  I used the same design as I used for Aaron's.  It was the best way to get some big blocks and t-shirt fronts.  About half of these fabrics had to have Wonder-Under to keep them flat and avoid puckering.  Some of the fabrics were from clothes Grandma kept for a long time, so they were very thin and needed some stability added to them.  I think I did a pretty good job of getting a good variety to make this quilt colorful and making it a "girly" version after making Aaron's a more masculine version.

I used a zigzag stitch on all the "mosaic tile" pieces that were added to this quilt top and also used a zigzag stitch to sandwich the quilt together by stitching in the ditch.
I made the binding with some white fabric scraps.........
Losing grandma to pancreatic cancer has been very difficult.  We miss her so much.  Below is the picture that Katie currently has as her Facebook profile.  It's almost twenty years old but the feelings are still the same.  Saying goodbye is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment