Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Flowers.......I love flowers...........a yard full of blooming flowers shouts spring time and warm weather and birds singing.  Almost every Mother's Day I get my flowers.  This year, Aaron and Stephanie came into town and along with Katie (who lives close to me) we did some flower shopping in the garden shop at Lowe's.
Last weekend, while garage sale shopping with my dad, we got two of these large styrofoam pots for four dollars each.  Such a steal of deal !  Aaron poured a large bag of mulch in the pot first that filled the pot 2/3 full.  Then he added potting soil to reach the top.
Next, I got to be creative and arrange my flowers in the order I wanted them.  I put the spikes in the middle, the wavy petunias around the spikes and the potato vines around the edges.
This is how it turned out.  They are all starter plants, so in a few weeks it will fill in and start really pouring over the sides.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all mature and be full of purple flowers.
I also got some of these small green plants, can't remember their names but they will fill in quickly too and start pouring over the sides of this clay pot...
I also got a bag of black mulch to put around my flower bed........
Some of the other flower pots around my house.........
and my stella day lillies........

and orange lillies.......
and purple clematis.......
Thank you Katie, Aaron and Stephanie for such a great day !
left to right:
sister, daughter, mom, me, daughter-in-law and neice

No comments:

Post a Comment