Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Super Girl Cape



Miss Macyn is very attached to her super girl shirt and she likes to run around with a dish towel tied around her neck to improvise a cape.  That was all I needed to hear to get motivated to make her a real super girl cape! 
(She does not look too happy to be posing for a picture this day !)

I used WORD to create a circle and a large M.  Then I went online to Google Images and typed in "super hero lightening bolt" and found one I could print.
 
I had everything else in my craft room.  I made the back of the cape purple and the underside pink.......
I traced the circle onto a light weight adhesive bond paper then ironed that onto a scrap of pink material, then cut out the circle and heat bonded it to the purple part of the cape with my iron....
I used a tight zig zag stitch around the circle.  Next came the lightening bolt, I applied it the same way using some yellow fabric.....
Now it was time for the "M".......

After everything was stitched securely I pinned the two sides of the cape right sides together and stitched about 1/4" all the way around leaving a small opening to turn it right side....
I then pressed it again using lots of steam and hand stitched the opening closed.  I used Velcro so Macyn can learn to put it on and take it off by herself.
After the cape gets delivered I will come back and add a picture of Macyn sporting her new fashion accessory.

Scroll down to see who I have linked to this week.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is exactly what I will be doing for Christmas gifts. I have six grandson's that I will be making capes for. Thanks for the inspiration to get them done. Visiting from Sew Many Ways Find a Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Sew Darn Crafty Link Party. What a great idea for fun imagination play! I'm sure she's is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, new follower from the Sew Darn linky party. We love superheroes here at our house as well! It's so fun to make little dreams come true like this :)
    Hope you have time to come check out my blog as well and follow back!
    Have a great Sunday
    Michelle@
    http://sunshineandasummerbreeze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete