Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Vinyl Wall Decal For Closet Nursery Nook

Our family is growing by one very soon, only about five weeks to go before baby boy gets here.  I emptied the closet in my guest bedroom and have slowly been turning it into a nursery nook for when my grandson gets here.  My first purchase was a mini crib.  I found a Davinci brand cherry finished one on Overstock.com and I also bought a thicker mattress to add to it.  I got the blue knit mini crib sheet at Babies R Us.  
Since the guestroom was already a chocolate brown color I chose a soft light blue for the closet nook color.  I spent many weeks searching vinyl wall decals on EBay and Etsy before finally choosing a mama giraffe.  This was my first time to apply a vinyl wall decal to a wall so I watched videos on YouTube several times before starting the process.....
It was a little intimidating at first but once I got to the point where I could pull off the paper it was an easy process...

I love how my little nursery closet nook turned out.  Simple and fresh looking and the mama giraffe looking over the crib is my favorite part.....
until the time comes when there will be a baby boy sleeping in this little bed.
Now I need to make a soft baby blanket or baby quilt to drape over the side of the crib !

No comments:

Post a Comment