Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Grandbaby Day Eleven

Katie and I made a trip to see baby Aiden on Tuesday.  It was day 11 and Katie's first time to visit him.  He slept through the first part of our visit but was wide awake for the second half.  We brought photo props and jumped at the opportunity to get some good pictures while he had his newborn eyes open.  Aaron is a big baseball fan and has plans for Aiden to follow suit so we made  sure to bring some KC Royals colors.  Katie brought a big basket and I brought different colored blankets and fabric remnants. 
We put a pillow in the basket and then covered it with a plush blue fabric.
I found Aaron's Kansas City Royal's cap and one of his baseballs to put in the basket with Aiden.  This picture makes me laugh.  I've titled it...."Chomping at the bit for baseball to start".  The Royals started their Spring Training Schedule on the same day as Aiden's birth.  Game time was 2 pm and Aiden was born at 1:42. 
Smiling at his dad's baseball..........
Bichon jealousy.....

Aunt Katie..........

Sierra making sure no harm comes to her little brother and Riley in the background oblivious to any concerns.....
Posing Aiden inside his dad's baseball glove.....
Mama with her baby.......

 
First family picture (that I've taken)......
Me with Aiden on Day Eleven....
 




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! So precious. I love the basket pics!

    I get to be a grandma for the first time in about four and a half months, and like you I don't care what she calls me -- as long as she calls me often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey stranger... I was responding to a new comment on an old post on and saw your name so thought I'd pop by to say hello.

    Congratulations!! He is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete