I went through my fabric stash and found some brightly colored prints to use to catch his attention. I also sewed in a few ribbons for him to find and made three ribbon loops to attach toys to.
I cut sixteen 8" squares....
And cut the border strips at 5 inches wide.....
My mom gave me a thick mattress pad that she had grown tired of. I've had it for a couple of years just waiting for the right project to come along.
After I got the top made, I laid it face down on the mattress pad and cut the pad a few inches bigger than the top. I secured it with many straight pins then sewed the two pieces together leaving a 6" opening to turn it.
After sewing the two pieces together, I trimmed off the excess mattress pad and used a blind stitch to close the opening. Next I stitched in the ditch along all seams to secure the two pieces together nicely so it will hold up to lots of washings.
I looked through my Bright Starts Lots of Links and picked out matching colors and added five of them to the floor mat by attaching them to one of the ribbon loops.
Riley tried it out and gave his approval......
I really like how it turned out. It's very 'plump' and will be nice and cushy for the babe!
Scroll down to see who I have linked to this week.