Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cosmic Zoo Blue Giraffe, Indian Summer and Dots

Another baby shower gift completed this weekend.  Katie's friends all seem to be having babies at the same time.  I made a blanket, eight burp cloths and a quilted baby changing pad this weekend.  The new mom is using mostly neutrals in her nursery so I went with Sarah Watson's, Indian Summer Collection.  The fox print is my favorite and what I chose to go on the back of the changing pad.
I used 42 five inch blocks for the front and a solid piece of the fox print for the backing.  I quilted it using a free motion technique and made my own binding that I machine stitched to the front and back...
 
I made five burp cloths using the Indian Summer prints and three using some dot patterns I had in my stash.
 
I made the baby blanket with 1.25 yards of Cosmic Zoo Blue Giraffe and double sided minky fleece in turquoise for the back.
I made the blanket by sewing the two pieces together, right sides in, then turned it and double top stitched it.
After top stitching it, I used a dinner plate and traced three circles on the front of the blanket with a chalk pencil.  I then stitched the three circles.......
Just something  simple to keep the two pieces of the blanket from shifting....

 

The last thing I did was add my label using a small zig zag stitch.  Then this project was ready for Katie to pick up and take to her friend.  Scroll down to see who I have linked to this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment