Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cosmic Zoo Blue Giraffe, Indian Summer and Dots

Another baby shower gift completed this weekend.  Katie's friends all seem to be having babies at the same time.  I made a blanket, eight burp cloths and a quilted baby changing pad this weekend.  The new mom is using mostly neutrals in her nursery so I went with Sarah Watson's, Indian Summer Collection.  The fox print is my favorite and what I chose to go on the back of the changing pad.
I used 42 five inch blocks for the front and a solid piece of the fox print for the backing.  I quilted it using a free motion technique and made my own binding that I machine stitched to the front and back...
 
I made five burp cloths using the Indian Summer prints and three using some dot patterns I had in my stash.
 
I made the baby blanket with 1.25 yards of Cosmic Zoo Blue Giraffe and double sided minky fleece in turquoise for the back.
I made the blanket by sewing the two pieces together, right sides in, then turned it and double top stitched it.
After top stitching it, I used a dinner plate and traced three circles on the front of the blanket with a chalk pencil.  I then stitched the three circles.......
Just something  simple to keep the two pieces of the blanket from shifting....

 

The last thing I did was add my label using a small zig zag stitch.  Then this project was ready for Katie to pick up and take to her friend.  Scroll down to see who I have linked to this week.


1 comment: