Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dolly Diaper Bag With Raq Squares

Today I finished up a dolly diaper bag with two miniature minky burp cloths.
I used my scraps for this quilted rag quilt bag that turned out really cute.  The cotton fabric squares were cut at 4" and the batting was cut at 3.5".

I sandwiched one batting square between two fabric squares and sewed an "X" on each square.  I found THIS YouTube video that was very helpful.  The creator has it broken down into three videos.  You'll have to search for the other two or they might pop up on the right side of your screen.
I have always been hesitant to try making bags because it looked too complicated.  But...........it was really easy!  Wish I would have tried it along time ago!



I went a different route for making the straps than what is in the link I shared.  I decided to make the handles with the same technique as the bag.....

This was a great project to use some of my scraps.  I also made two mini minky burp cloths to go in the bag.  A coral dimple dot and a white solid.  Each has a print fabric on the other side. 
Scroll down to see who I have linked to this week.

2 comments: