Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Homemade Peach Crisp

This is a delicious recipe I got from Grandma S over twenty years ago. Fruit Crisp. You choose the fruit. Tonight I thought peach sounded mighty good. You will need 3/4 to 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of flour. I'm to lazy to use fresh fruit so I rely on the Wilderness brand of canned pie filling because I think it has the best flavor and I always use real butter. Empty your fruit into a baking dish. In a bowl combine the butter, flour and sugar and mix it together with a fork until it gets to the crumbly stage.
Spread it over the fruit and bake in 350 degree oven for an hour or until there is a golden color in the "crisp".

When it comes out of the oven the butter, sugar and flour will have melted down and carmelized into the fruit and the picture below is what you get................

I forgot to buy ice cream at the grocery store but I did have a container of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. So we put the ice cream sandwich in the microwave for 5 seconds to soften it up and then scraped off the chocolate from each side. It worked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment