Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coin Quilt

I finished my first coin quilt today! Click here to see my first post about it. This was my "trial coin quilt" so I made it small. I like the way it turned out but now wish I would have made it a little larger!


I machine quilted it. I'm trying to teach myself how to do the stippling technique. I need to buy a free motion foot for my sewing machine because I'm having a lot of trouble moving the quilt under my standard foot. Maybe someday........
I used a lot of leftover scraps to make the backing and found enough of one scrap to make the binding.



Now all that is left to do is the cleanup. My least favorite part of quilting ! ! ! And yes, that is rust on my ironing board leg. I've had this ironing board for 30 years and just can't give it up. Maybe it's the loud squeaking sound it makes when I open and close it that has me so attached to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment