Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Show Us Your Life Dinner Recipes

Kelly at Kelly's Korner Blog is hosting a recipe exchange for her Show Us Your Life Friday. Today I created my recipe using chicken, spaghetti, vegetables and chicken stock. I'm calling it Chicken Spaghetti Soup.
I bought a roterssorie chicken from the deli at my neighborhood grocery store to make the prep time be much quicker. I sauted the onion, pablano pepper and jalapeno pepper in olive oil. While this was sauting, I poured the chicken stock into my pot, brought it to a boil and added the whole wheat spaghetti. While waiting for the spaghetti to cook, I pulled apart the chicken and disgarded the chicken skin. I did have to sneak one bite of the skin, I'm trying to eat healthly but it can be quite challenging!
I found this all natural Kitchen Basics stock in my grocery store a few months ago. I love it. I choose the unsalted version. This brand of chicken stock is so good. The color is dark and not cloudy like the store brands. It is a little pricey but well worth the extra in my opinion.
After the spaghetti was ready, I added the veggies, my home canned tomatoes and two cans of rotel. Brought it all to a boil and then turned the heat down to a simmer.
Prep time was only twenty minutes. After I got some in my bowl, I grated some romano cheese on top. It was delish......


1 comment:

  1. This would make a perfect recipe for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. I hope you will consider linking it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete