Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful

This was our trip to Dallas on Christmas Eve. From Oklahoma City through north Texas, we drove in an "ice blizzard". It was scary and pretty intense. Katie and I saw some bad accidents and watched lots of people slide off into the ditch.
We had to take turns getting out of the car and knocking the ice off of the windshield wipers. We had our big coats in the back seat, but were stubborn and just kept on our lightweight jackets that we started the trip with....
The wind was blowing so hard, Katie's pony tail was flying over her head!
We were very thankful to arrive at grandma and pap-paws house safely...
Our drive back to our part of the world was a safe drive with little snow on the roads, but there was about 8-9 inches on the ground when we got home. My first day back to work, my dad came over and cleaned off the new 2-3 inches that fell after the snow removal folks cleaned off our lot. Dad is the greatest, he shoveled off my parking space and made a personal path from my car to the front door of my office and then went back outside after he warmed up and cleaned off parking spaces for my co-workers. He's the only 74 year old I know with so much energy!
Last night, more snow fell, maybe another 2-3 inches on top of the frozen tundra that our area has turned into........
Today I really wanted to get a picture of my newest quilt laying on top of the snow, but the wind was not cooperating with me.
The weather outside is frightful, the fire is so delightful but I am ready for these days to return............blue skies, big fluffy white clouds with a hint of a rainstorm.............
trees full of green leaves, green grass, warm weather, long walks with the dog.
Hoping for a short winter with no more snow or ice or temperatures below zero.......but I think it's going to be a long, cold, snow crusted frozen winter "wonderland".

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking at these pictures and asking myself why we're planning on moving to Colorado...to the snow! Yikes! You telling us about the slipping and sliding of cars scares me to death. I'm sure I'll be housebound in CO when it snows!

    Your dad sounds sooo sweet! What a nice man!

    ReplyDelete