Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bacon and Egg Pie

Today I made a new recipe that I found last week on the Internet. It is called Bacon & Egg Pie. There is not much that is healthy about it. I'm pretty sure the fat out weighs the protein but I could not resist trying it. It met all my expectations! This is definitely something I will have to make for Stephanie! I think she will love it as much as I did. Especially if I increase the bacon even more than I did today! You can click here to get the recipe that I followed or go by my instructions.

You will need a pie crust, cheese, bacon and eggs. Heat the oven to 400 degrees and place the bacon on a cookie sheet and bake it for approximately 7 minutes until the edges start to crisp up. Use as much bacon as you like. I used seven slices of bacon. Press your pie crust into your baking dish and sprinkle cheese (as much as you like) on top of the pie crust.
Then line the dish with the bacon that is partially cooked. I added green onions (was not in the recipe that I copied) because I love onions. The recipe that I was working off of said to spread mustard on the pie crust before adding the cheese. I just could not get myself to do that part!
Break two eggs on top of the cheese and put in the oven to bake for 16-20 minutes or until the crust is browned.
And this is how it turned it. It smelled so good. It was so good. Not so good for you. But good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds SO good! Your pictures are great! I'm blog hopping from Kellyskorner. Am now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete