Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tulips, Geraniums, Lilies, Petunias, Clematis, Sedum & Blue Mazus

Spring is really here in the Midwest and I am so ready for it. Winter was awful, too cold and too long! My tulips have bloomed! This is their second year so they are not as tall and pretty as last year since I did not dig up the bulbs for the winter.
The Bartlett Pear trees are now in bloom. They are have beautiful white blossoms and a scent that I don't really care for. Dad was over here today and said they smell like rotten eggs to him!

I went to Lowes today and got some pink geraniums for a pot on the front sidewalk....
and I got three purple petunia plants....
I also got this today, it is a trailing perennial called Blue Mazus that is perfect for rock gardens. I am hoping it grows fast and fills up this whole area....
and it has purplish blue tiny flowers !
This is a sedum I planted two years ago. Every year it multiplies and is growing really well in my rock wall...
The flower bed on the side of the driveway is starting to come to life. The stella day lillies are growing fast, the hosta is working is way up through the dirt and I counted more than 50 asiatic lillies that are popping up ! I love how they multiple !
My purple clematis is coming back to life too and looks like it will be full of flowers this summer!
And this is an old bichon who had to stay on the inside while I was on the outside. For some reason he did not want to be outside today or go for our daily walk through the neighborhood. He must be feeling his 11 years today!

No comments:

Post a Comment