Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Creamy Corn Salad or Pickle Juice Salad


Katie was blog surfing the other day and came across a recipe for Creamy Corn Salad.  She found it here.  It looked so good that she ran to the store and got the ingredients.  That night she sent me a picture through a text message of her creation and talked about how the pickle juice is the secret ingredient.  The next day she brought me a SMALL container of it.  Of course I loved it and my sweet daughter did not share near enough.   So after work today I went to the store and got what I needed to put this recipe together. 

The ingredients I used are:
Shoepeg corn
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Red onion
Sour cream, 1/2 cup
Mayonnaise, 1/2 cup
Pickle juice, 3 T
Coarse black pepper
Celery seed
Dill
Mix it all together and refrigerate for a while.......
I think I am going to call it pickle juice salad!!  Because the pickle juice really is the secret ingredient that makes this creamy corn salad so delicious!!!  Click here to get to the blog where we found the recipe.  I was lucky enough to get some cucumbers from my dad's garden this morning and I had those cherry tomatoes growing in my raised garden bed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment