Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Monkey Bread Made With Biscuits

Yesterday morning I made one of our favorites........Monkey Bread.  It is so bad for you...but oh so good!
You will need the following:
  • About 40 refrigerated biscuits
  • Two tablespoons cinnamon
  • 1.5 sticks of butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
My grocery store had the Pillsbury Grand Buttery Biscuits on sale so I made do with those.  Normally I would use the ones that come 10 in a roll.
Pour the white sugar and cinnamon into a large Ziploc bag.  Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces (I like to use a pizza cutter).  Use the mixture in the bag to coat the biscuits......
In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar and the butter.  Bring it to a boil for one minute, stirring constantly.  Pour sugar/butter mixture over biscuits that you have arranged in a Bundt pan.....
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.  Yesterday I served this delicious monkey bread with some fresh fruit!!

Only let it cool for a few minutes because it is at its best when it is hot and melts in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment