Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Love Has Built A Bridge

Patricia Ann.  I talked to her on the phone a couple of nights ago and she wanted me to know that she does not have any daughter-in-laws.  She only has daughters.  That makes my heart smile so big.  I already knew that, she did not have to say it.  I've felt it for the last thirty years.  It's a special relationship the two of us have.  One I will never have with another person in this world.  Love has built a bridge between our hearts....
We have our own unique relationship.  One that just the two of us share.  One I will cherish forever....We even have matching charm necklaces, sort of, mine will never add up to the number she has!
When she got her diagnosis of cancer last July, I started snapping more pictures of us together.  Our relationship became even more special.  I needed to show her all the love I could.....
we needed to act silly together, make the grand kids laugh at us.  Make memories to last forever....
We've always been united.  Always worked together, in unison, not having to ask or tell the other what to do.  We've been in sync....
The day after her first chemo round, she showed up at my front door....
to surprise me at my 50th birthday party that Katie, Aaron and Stephanie planned.  It was the best surprise of my life....
I've been making as many trips as I can to see her since July.  Enjoying every minute I can grab of time with her....
cherishing all the moments, pulling my camera out of my pocket or purse all the time, telling her to smile at the camera....

looking for opportunities to make a picture to talk about in the future......
time is precious now and the bridge we have built between our two hearts is too long.  I wish it was only a few feet instead of 500 miles.....

We have a very special "mother-daughter" relationship.  It came easy.  Love built a very strong bridge.  She has showed me what love means.

No comments:

Post a Comment