Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pappaw's Favorite Songs

Today's is Pap-paw's birthday.  Last night his love went to Heaven and was released from her pain.  As we mourn this most beloved and amazing woman I can't help but think of the songs Pap-paw has talked about and some he has asked me to play for him on Youtube .  The songs he loves are sad, they make my heart break.  But I believe music is an important part of our lives and the lyrics help us express our sorrow.  So for pap-paw I will share some of his music.  Maybe these songs are going through his head now.  He loves Johnny Horton singing All For The Love Of A Girl and Wispering Pines.  And he thinks that Joni James has the voice of an angel when she sings Purple Shades.  And lately Cold Kentucky Rain by Elvis Presley has been on his mind.  Go to Youtube to listen to the songs.

1 comment:

  1. I truly enjoy looking at your blog every day. You put so much thought and love into each and every post. My heart goes out to all those that are feeling the loss of Pat. From your blog I feel like I have known her, and am deeply saddened by your loss. Just know she is in God's hands now and is at peace. With thoughts and prayers, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete