Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Teacher Pat - Church Nursery Quilts

To honor my mother-in-law who lost her battle with pancreatic cancer in January, I have made two quilts for her church nursery.  She was belovedly known as Teacher Pat for many, many years and at her funeral in lieu of flowers, donations were requested for the Teacher Pat Nursery Fund to purchase new items for the babies' classroom.
This picture above was taken many years ago but totally depicts Patricia in all her glory.  She loved babies and teaching them about God.  She taught class for so many years that after time the nursery became known as hers.....
The boy's quilt is full of jungle animals, vines and bright colors.....
The binding is in a green, brown and white stripe and I used solid brown for the backing...
The girl's quilt is more subdued in soft blues and dark browns.....
The back has panels of two different blue and brown prints......
This quilt does not have the binding on it yet.  My sister-in-law, Judy wanted to help finish this one so both quilts will be in the mail tomorrow bound for Texas!! 

Scroll down to see all the Linky Parties I've attached this post to.............

5 comments:

  1. These are adorable and so very special. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special way to honor your mother in law. So lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so special and they will be treasured for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, sounds like Teacher Pat was very loved. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I am sure these will be treasured for years to come! I found you from house of hepworths. I would love for you to come and share these at my Fantastic Friday link party. http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete