Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Homemade Burp Cloths

Joann's fabric department was calling my name yesterday afternoon so I had to go check out any new fabrics they might have that I could use for my sewing projects. I found all the homespun fabrics I wanted for the baby quilts I'll be making (check in for a future post on that project) and found a couple of new prints for burp cloths and bibs.
I have issues with my threads. The mess does not show up well in this picture, but the spools that are still in the basket have threads strung all through them. They always get tangled. Except for the new spools where the ends pop up and you can wind some thread around the top "lip" and then press it down and it holds it in place! Super cool idea I wish I had thought of.

Here are some of the burp cloths I got made today:

I'm not sure why I thought I needed to purchase more fabric after I looked at the mess on my table today..............
But sometimes I get tired of looking at the same prints and want something new. The apples and pears on the blue is one of the fabrics I bought yesterday and the green with monkeys in the picture below is another.
I like to make burp cloths and baby bibs for friends and family but I also like to sell them to anyone who is interested. Please email me (link at top of sidebar) if you are interested.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my site today and especially thank you for leaving a comment. Yep, the carpet issue is a headache and it's driving us nuts! I realize all carpets show footprints to some degree so maybe I'm just a hardwood floors person and don't know it!

    You look like a great crafter! I love the burp cloths...where were those cute things when our kids were little!?!

    ReplyDelete