Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Show Us Your Life Christmas Tree

Kelly at Kelly's Korner Blog is hosting her weekly Friday, Show Us Your Life. This week it is Christmas trees. I LOVE my Christmas tree ! ! I wanted a tall one since my ceilings are so high, so last year I took the plunge and went to Lowes and got the tree I always wanted. It's tall, has little pine cones on the branches and can be adjusted if you want it to be shorter. This year a big thank you to Aaron and Stephanie for helping me get it out of the basement and all put together. This year we put the angel tree topper on before adding the top section of the tree to the middle section of the tree. Last year the angel was crooked so the priority for this year was to get her on straight!

I also LOVE my tree ornaments. Every year I have to add three or four new ones. I like Hallmark ornaments the most and always look forward to seeing what the new ones are each year. I like to get ones that tell a story from the past or reflect what it is going on in the present. Last year we got two for Katie that represented her nursing career.....
My Aunt Frances gave me this one a few weeks ago. It is motion activated and has a snowmen scene in it that spins around. This ornament plays many different Christmas songs too....

I don't really care for the plain ball ornaments, but do like the ones like these that have more of a shape to them. My favorite color for this type is red.............

Here's the other nursing themed ornament of Katie's.........

Aaron loved his super heroes as a child, so whenever I see one in the store that he liked when he was a little guy, I have to buy it. This year Hallmark put out Flash Gordon.....

Katie was a big fan of the Ty Beanie Babies when she was little, so of course I had to get one of those when they came out a few years back........

We added hunting themed ornaments to the tree for William............


Aaron and Stephanie both are fans of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I got one of these for their tree and one for mine.........

And some chili peppers to remind us of when we lived in Texas.....

Both my kids spent many hours playing with a Fisher Price school bus, so when Hallmark brought out the bus this year, I had to get it too...........

Riley gave in to his sleepiness and took a nap while I was taking so many pictures of the tree to put this blog together! He's such a sweetie...........

Click here to get back to Kelly's blog to view more blogs on Christmas Trees !

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all of your ornaments ... the nursing one is sooo cute!

    Your Christmas Tree turned out Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete