Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

City Market and Harry's Country Club in Kansas City

Yesterday morning, Katie, Kelly and I made the drive to downtown Kansas City to visit the City Market.  Katie and I had been a few weeks before and were ready to go again.
We came home with green onions, strawberries, peppers, homemade breads, jams, mushrooms, tomatoes and spices.  Kelly got several spoonfuls of sesame seeds for a favorite salad recipe....
I think next time we go I will purchase some of these colorful nuts, seeds and peas....
We found coffee bean bags that were turned into tote bags......
Yesterday was also Kelly's birthday so we went to a local restaurant in the City Market called Harry's Country Club for lunch.  Kelly had been wanting a BLT sandwich so she chose that off the menu, Katie got some yummy chicken nachos and I got beef tacos.  All was delicious!
This purple cowboy boot hanging off a pole from one of the buildings always catches my attention.  It makes me smile every time I see it !

After our adventure at the City Market we headed to Pride's of Westport to find a pie shop.  Check out my next post to see what we discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment