Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Busy Two Weeks

I have not done a blog post lately.  Life's been busy!  When I haven't been working on items for the baby section of ROOM 5 in Ozark MO, I've been busy with family fun.  My dad had a garage sale about 10 days ago.  Here he is taking a break and drinking a large glass of skim milk when it's 90 degrees!  Not something I could do, but he seemed to thoroughly enjoy it!
 A few days after this sale, mom and dad had a family dinner.  Dad always bar-b-que's pork ribs and chicken......
and Mom always makes many salads, baked beans, rolls and her banana pudding.......
My job this day was separating the eggs, slicing the bananas and counting out the nilla wafers per mom's specific instructions!  Mom, Dad and Aaron all took turns stirring the pudding as it cooked on the stove top......
 Dinner was followed by desserts that included the banana pudding, homemade banana ice cream and mandarin orange cake.  The cake was my favorite.....

Besides all the cooking and then the gathering around the table to enjoy it, we sat around in the living room listening to stories and outside sharing events of the past week.....
I always like to take pictures of dad's gardens when I'm at his house.  This year all the rain, a hail storm and then scorching heat played havoc on his garden so it was not as productive as he would have liked.  His tomatoes seem to do the best when he plants them on the north side of house....



and he's got several types of watermelon plants.....
Riley has had a couple of baths the last two weeks too.  I think the dirt and the stinkies have been seeking him out.....
Today Katie and I made our third trip this summer to the farmer's market in downtown Kansas City.  We love to go there and people watch, take in all the different ethnic foods and merchandise and of course stock up on some fresh vegetables.   Today we found these wooden shoes....
huge silk flowers....
and tiny, tiny clay pots.  These were probably only one inch tall !

Since fall will be here soon, the pumpkins and gourds are starting to make their way into the marketplace.  Here are a bunch of them thrown in the wagon with the watermelons.  I love looking at all the different varieties!
The colors of the vegetables were so vibrant today I could not resist stealing some pictures of all their beauty!
This post should catch me up with what's been going on in my life lately.  There is one more very important thing I've been working on the last two weeks but I can't quite share it yet!  So come back in a few days to see what's been going on around my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment