Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baked Eggs With Brussel Sprouts & Mushrooms

This morning I made baked eggs for the first time with brussel sprouts, mushrooms and green onions in them.
Sliced brussel sprouts
Green onions
Sliced mushrooms
Minced garlic
Butter
3 Eggs
1 T Whipping cream
Cheese of your choice
Salt and seasoned pepper
Olive oil

Heat oven to 425.  Saute onions, sprouts and mushrooms in butter....
I then poured in a couple tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkled in some sea salt.

While veggies are caramelizing, place baking dish in oven with 1 tablespoon of butter.  Heat until butter is all melted and starts to brown....
Then crack 3 eggs into the dish......the heated dish will start to cook the eggs....

Drizzle in one tablespoon of whipping cream and then add the veggies.....


Bake for five minutes, then add cheese.  I used mozzarella since that was all I had, next time I think I'll buy Gouda.  Bake for another 3 or 4 minutes....
The eggs will continue to bake after you remove the dish from the oven....

Turned out really well and I'll make this for breakfast frequently on weekend mornings!  Scroll down to see who I have linked to this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment