Sunday, August 30, 2009

Girls Quilt From Scraps

I finished a quilt today that I started a few weeks ago. I used a lot of my scraps to complete it. I had some 4" squares left over from a Moda Bake Shop charm pack that I used for the middle of the quilt. The remainder of it was made from whatever scraps I could find that had the same colors as in the inner blocks.

I had bought 10 yards of 44" quilt batting from Wal-Mart earlier this month thinking I was getting a good deal. I had never bought batting in this format and after trying to work with it on this sized quilt came to the conclusion that this type of batting is for quilts 44" inches squared or smaller. I had to sew two pieces of batting together and even with trimming the seam as much as I could, it bunched up on me and caused problems. So I had to hand quilt the inner squares and then I was able to machine quilt the rest of it.


I was pleased with using the orange print for the binding. It gave the quilt just the extra little "pop" that gives it a really finished look.


1 comment: