Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Flannel Baby Quilt

Today I finished an all flannel quilt for baby Luke's Christmas gift. Back in the summer I purchased some pre-cut flannel blocks off Ebay in reds, blues and some that had a farm theme.

I had to make a run to the fabric shop to get some solids in light blue, white and red. Hancock's had some very thick flannel that was going to be perfect for this winter quilt.

I tried a new continuous binding technique by following a tutorial of Heather Bailey's. Her instructions were very easy to follow. I'm going to need lots of practice with the corners though. I think the heavy flannel was my problem!!

I can never lay a quilt or blanket on the floor to take a picture of it without Riley thinking it was placed there just for him..................

Here's a close up showing the pattern of the white blocks....

and a close up shot of my first continuous binding attempt...........

and a super close up shot, because as daughter Katie would say, "Mom loves to use the zoom on her camera" !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment