Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Michael Miller Lagoon Zoology Burpies and Mini Quilt

Katie needed a baby gift and I was happy to oblige.  Creating at the sewing machine is my favorite past time.  Her friend is having a boy next month so I had to get busy and get my creativity going.  I made two burpies.  Soft, squishy ones.  They'll fold up small and be very convenient for on the go messes.  And the ribbed minky on the back will make good "lovies" too.  Katie went to Etsy and purchased some fabrics in Michael Miller's Zoology print.  She went with the Lagoon color palette.  I love it.  It's very boy!
I had to go to Etsy also and buy some more custom made satin labels.  The two hundred I bought in the summer are already gone.  Along with the burpies I made a mini quilt that is perfect to use as a changing pad.  Back in August I made a girl one for Angela's sweet baby, Elliana.  Click here to take a look at it.
I love the front!  I messed up a little on the back.  I had to piece the fabric I bought for the backing and did not consider the fact that I needed to match up the circles.  Lesson learned!
And of course I have to show off my stippling.  It's my favorite task at the sewing machine....

Linking to:
Click here to get back to Strut-Your-Stuff Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment